Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Half Birthday to you and to me.




On Saturday, Safia turned six months.  So much has changed in the past six months, it’s hard to get our heads around it.  I think we can officially say we’re on the other end of the longest shortest time.  I never thought we were going to get here, but I’m so glad we’re here.  So much has happened in the past six months and it’s all a blur, I’m not sure I can really get my head around it.  I guess that’s a good thing because I told Rube we weren’t going to have any more kids if the first few months were etched into my brain.  I guess sleep deprivation is good for something!  Safia has come so far in the past six months and so have we.  She’s more comfortable in her skin and we’re more comfortable in our skin.  I thought it was time to celebrate, so I made a cake.  We shared with friends, but Safia didn’t get any, we haven’t reached that milestone yet!

My dad came for a visit.  We had a great time playing and talking.  
It was too short of a visit, hopefully next time will be longer!  





My cousin Anna made Safia an amazing blanket.  
She is throughly enjoying it! 


Safia has now officially discovered Zoey and Zoey has
discovered Safia.  I see the beginnings of a long, fruitful friendship.
Our friends Jesse, Helen, and David came over to play.  
Safia and David don't know it, but we're already planning their wedding. 



Our friend Elizabeth came for a visit, and even gave Rube and me a break, so 
we went out for a delightful breakfast.  It's so nice to have such great friends!

2 comments:

  1. is it weird that i want to eat those polka dot pants for a midnight snack?? holy smokes - she is so dang cute! i'm already thinking about our amazing grandchildren...

    ReplyDelete