Friday, April 22, 2011

Just a Typical Day

I 'heart' daddy, but he's just so boring.
not my shirt, but similar
Happy Earth Day!  I'm reminded of a T-shirt I used to have, that I'm not really sure, sitting here, where it might be.  It was a hand-screened shirt I made while living in California.  A friend hosted a crafting party in which there was candle making and screen printing of shirts.  A number of friends, including myself, owned silk screens for printing shirts and we passed one another's screens around, giving everyone an opportunity to print all the different images and messages.  The one shirt that I printed that comes to mind today, on this Earth Day, had a large image of the planet earth with the message 'Good Planets are Hard to Find.'  I loved that shirt so, so much and really wish I had it in my immediate possession so I could wear it today.  At any rate, happy earth day: good planets are hard to find.


Yesterday, all in all, was pretty uneventful.  I didn't leave the house until 7:30pm when I walked the dog.  Our intention was to take a walk all together - Ellen, and I, Safia, and dog - however Safia got hungry and needed to feed as we were gathering momentum to leave.  With the sun quickly going down, it was just man and dog on a spirited jaunt around the 'hood (I'm sure Zoey appreciated the accelerated pace).  Earlier in the day we had, not one, but two, musical jams; one with the violin and the other with the guitar.  She really seems to like it, but I'm still not sure whether it's the music she's engaged with, or the lounging, vibrating, rocking chair she sits in when I play music for her.  Whichever it is, it's pretty sweet.

Well this is it.  Paternity leave over.  Just a short weekend, and then back to the grind.  We are declaring Sunday, 'Do Nothing Day.'  No errands, no house projects, no blogging, no school work, just hanging out, driving each other crazy, and loving on everybody.  If you'd like to participate in Do Nothing Day, please feel free to stop by, we'd love to see you.  Hope everyone has a pleasant weekend, wherever you may be!




2 comments:

  1. Up for some cards on do nothing day? No pressure, but let us know! I'm sure Safia is missing Aunt & Uncle G by now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could make it for do nothing day! (in bama...)

    ReplyDelete