Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Many Faces of Safia Rose

They say that moms (and I’ll add attentive dads) learn to recognize their children’s different cries and can distinguish their meanings.  Supposedly, there’s a different cry for when they're hungry, when they want their diaper changed, when they’re tired, when they're sick, when they’re just fussy, etc.  I’m starting to  distinguish her different cries, but I still have no idea what they mean, and I’m not sure I ever will.  Rube does say that he could pick Safia’s cry out of a “cry line up,” again, I’m not sure I could, but maybe.  He can sleep through her cries, but I can't, so maybe I'm more in tuned with her than I think!

But what I am figuring out are her facial expressions – so at least I have some idea what to expect.

There’s her “Poop Face” . . .




Her “Nursey Face” otherwise known as her "Feed me Face" . . .



There’s her “Milk Drunk Face” . . .



I know this one might seem obvious (she's yawning, not crying), but when it follows a “Poop Face” it becomes her “I’m done Pooping Face,” (sometimes it’s also accompanied by two sneezes)




There's her "Sleepy Face" . . .



There's her "Gassy Face"



Her "I'm not happy with this face"  . . .




Finally, call them gas bubbles, call them face twitches, call them what you will, we call them smiles, and we relish everyone we get, because these days, they're few and far between and we take what we can get . . . 




1 comment: