Friday, July 29, 2011

Last Weekend in Paradise

She tunes because she cares.
We're entering our last weekend before I have to go back to work.  I have one week to prepare my classroom, prepare lesson plans for the oh-so-crucial first few weeks of school, and prepare myself mentally for a new school year of 2nd graders.  Students arrive for their first day of school on August 8.  I feel so fortunate to have had this time with Safia. To observe and learn and stare in wonder at this little thing - this little growing bean stalk.  I know I'm fortunate to have this opportunity.  I remember how hard it was to go back to work after my paternity leave was exhausted, and although things are different this time, it'll still be hard.  Well, one last weekend...gotta soak it in.



No comments:

Post a Comment