Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A New Badge for Rube


I've never denied nor attempted to hide my dorkiness or my nerdiness.  I wear those badges proudly.  But last night, I began to sew a new badge onto my personality sash: crotchety old fart.  You may be wondering what that badge might look like.  Well, it has a picture of me on it, face all scrunched up, with a finger pointing and yelling to some fun-loving person to stop having so much fun.  Lately, this is how it plays out:  Car drives down the street with window-rattling bass...."Turn it down!  There's a baby sleeping here!"  Harley rumbles past the house..."You better not wake my baby up, or else!"  UPS delivery person rings the door bell..."Hey! Don't you know there's a baby here?!"  (I know, I know...put up a little sign that politely asks delivery persons/visitors to not ring the door bell at inopportune times).  Last night, however, we had a new one: {Fireworks Boom! Pop! Pow!} X 1,000,000..."I'm so over 4th of July fireworks!! Aren't they illegal here?  If they're not illegal, they should be!!" Well, I admit to being a big fuddy-duddy, but dang, Safia had a real tough time going to sleep yesterday and that really sucked for us.  But......when she did get to sleep, she did sleep for 7 hours.  That's right, seven big ones.  Booyah! {Rube dance of joy}



The parade yesterday was awesome.  We enjoyed it thoroughly with friends and family by our sides, we consumed barbeque (although I'm sad to report that I did not eat the 12 hotdogs I vowed to eat), and Safia enjoyed her first parade in the sturdy arms of her Grandpa George flanked by her Great-Grandparents, Danny and Seena.  Who could want anything more?  Even an old grump like me was pretty darned satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment